Fit for a queen: finishing touches added to Jubilee barge
It will be one of the high points of the Diamond Jubilee
Aboard the Royal Barge, the Queen
– accompanied by Prince Phillip
– will lead a 1,000-strong flotilla down the River Thames during the Jubilee Pageant.
And with all the focus on the vessel, organisers are pulling out all the stops to make sure it looks stunning.
Students from the London Art School have been busy putting the finishing touches to spectacular gold-gilded sculptures.
The pieces will be added to the Spirit of Chartwell, an existing Thames cruiser which is getting a majestic makeover for the June 3 event.
It will also be fitted with velvet drapes and plush red carpets and will feature two thrones beneath a canopy for the monarch and her husband.
- Please note, all comments are those of readers and do not represent the opinion of Hellomagazine.com
- Hellomagazine.com reserves the right to remove comments it considers offensive or not relevant
- Please focus on the topic